Revealing Design Treasures From The Amazon
Revealing Design Treasures From The Amazon is a very engaging and informative slide presentation from Jared M. Spool, founder of User Interface Engineering and a leading expert on user experience (UX) design. Jared makes a compelling case about the benefits of studying Amazon’s website and customer strategy more closely. He advises us to make a point about learning from Amazon’s web design strategies:
- Engage your users by delivering great content
How Amazon engages their readers with user reviews, and the importance of knowing – How much each page contributed to the final product sale.
- Don’t fear trying out new ideas
Do you remember Amazon’s great ‘bundle products” idea, and the the “drop box”? He tell us the story behind them.
- Eliminate “tool time” while delivering confidence
In this section, Jared explains the importance of understanding where are customers spending their time in your website, and the importance of understanding the difference between ‘Goal Time’ V. ‘Tool Time’. (From the moment the customer decides what he’s buying, to check out.)
Other important points of attention:
- Never forget the business: It’s all about the business.
- Be careful when emulating features
(or the ‘target’ that Target missed.)
- Some experiments don’t pan out
- Not all use cases are equal